People trust doctors, nurses and other health care workers to help them when they are injured or sick. Nobody expects that these medical professionals will hurt them.
Nevertheless, medical negligence at hospitals, long-term care facilities, nursing homes, clinics and other care facilities is not uncommon. If a medical professional causes injury to a patient and is negligent in observing established medical standards, it is possible for Georgia medical injury victims to seek compensation for their injuries and damages.
We Fight Against Medical Negligence | Augusta Surgical Mistakes Attorney Serving Savannah, Augusta and the Central Savannah River Area
At the Law Office of David P. Dekle, P.C., in Augusta, Georgia, we comprehensively counsel people who have been injured because of the carelessness or negligence of medical professionals. Our experienced attorney, David Dekle, can help you get justice and compensation for situations including:
- Failures to diagnose serious medical conditions such as meningitis and cancer
- Surgery errors such as operating on the wrong side of the body, removing the wrong organ, perforating intestines and leaving surgical sponges or instruments in the body
- Medication errors by pharmacies or medical staff, leading to avoidable discomfort, pain or disability
- Anesthesia errors leading to brain damage, heart damage, paralysis, coma or awareness during surgery
- Postoperative negligence, including lack of attention to a patient's deteriorating condition
- Injuries caused or conditions undiscovered due to faulty medical equipment
Scouring the Evidence | Expert Testimony in Georgia Medical Malpractice
Before starting his plaintiff-focused practice, David P. Dekle spent 21 years defending health care corporations, physicians and their insurers in personal injury cases. He understands medical terminology and procedures, as well as the tactics defendants in these cases use in court and in negotiations.
In developing a case, attorney Dekle reviews his client's medical records carefully. Also, he enlists the expertise of medical experts, rehabilitation specialists, occupational therapists and others to determine the extent of the client's injuries and which parties are liable for those injuries. Doing this can give any client an advantage in court or in settlement negotiations.
Further, our law office represents individuals and families in wrongful death claims resulting from medical negligence.
Free Consultation | Augusta Medical Malpractice Attorneys | Law Office of David P. Dekle, P.C.
For more information or to schedule a free initial consultation with our lawyer, contact us online or by calling 706-250-7572 or toll free at 800-579-0094.